For SI: 1 inch = 25.4mm. 1 mil = 0.0254 mm.
1. All dimensions are inches or mils, uncoated.
2. U.S. standard gauge for uncoated hot and cold-rolled sheets. Gauge numbers are only provided as a reference and should not be used to order, design or specify steel studs or joists.
3. Minimum thickness of material delivered to the job site.
4. Design thickness of steel studs / joists shall not exceed the minimum thickness divided by 0.95. Design thickness = Min. thickness / 0.95.
5. Chart above as noted in ICBO AC 46 acceptance criteria.